9/10/10

Do You Remember?

This week for Friday Fives at Beth's blog, we're remembering September 11th.

It's one of those days I'll never forget.
Ever.

It was my senior year of high school.
We were in the transition to 2nd period and during that time of day, my school sold Chick-fil-A biscuits.
I was in line to get one and my friend said "A plane just flew into the World Trade Center!"
We rushed to class - which was a mass media class, so we had the news on.
And it was then, as we were all watching, that the second plane hit.

I think we were all in shock.
My teacher was too.
We did nothing but watch the news for that class.

Our principal announced it to the school and parents were coming to pick up their kids.
It was a horrifying time for our nation.
Especially our generation.
This was like our Pearl Harbor.

I remember the news coverage of people leaping to their death from the buildings hoping that they just might survive.

Days of lost contact with people, not knowing if your loved ones were involved, trapped....dead.

I had always been patriotic, but never more than after this day.
So many innocent people lost.

May we never ever forget that day.
Never forget those lost and impacted.
Never forget what our country stands for.
Never forget those who tirelessly fight for it.

2 comments:

  1. I was in my Government class taking an Amendment test when my teacher's husband came in to tell her and she didnt believe it. We went a whole period before anyone would turn the tv on. My math teacher wouldnt even let us watch the news because she said the events were too distracting (or something of that nature).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your last little paragraph = AMAZING! Thank you for writing and linking up to this Fives!

    ReplyDelete