5/30/11

Heeeelllloooo!!

Well, well, well.....it's been a while friends.
I wish I could say I had taken a break from the blogging world due to some spiritual journey.
Sadly, that's not the case.
I've just been really super busy.
Like for realz.
And quite honestly, I didn't realize it had been so long since my last post.
May 18th to be exact.
And my sweetest cousin Holli took it upon her self to make sure I knew that I still had a blog and that it hadn't been updated!
So this one's for you Holli!

(You remember Holli right?)

So let's see, in the last couple of weeks I've shot two weddings and a maternity session. The pool at our apartment opened, and well no offense, but it was a little more intriguing than my bloggy here!
Oh and traveled to VA Beach and Hilton Head for work AND made a little mini vacay out of Hilton Head.
Whew!

So yes, the pool opened. And I am one of those fair skinned people who burst into flames when in the sun for more than about 20 minutes. And that's WITH sunscreen.
Somehow, my dear hubby convinced me that I did not need sunscreen for our first visit to the pool. And I'm the stupid one who believed such a story.
This literally resulted in me shoulders covered in blisters and lots of geometric shapes on my back from my bathing suit lines. Now that's hot.
Last time this happened, I had a tan line on my back from my bathing suit for about 2 years! This one will last a while I'm sure!
So for about 1 week exactly, I was quite miserable. In fact, today is the first time I've been able to move without pain!

With all that you can imagine that my travels through the airport on Tuesday were tons of fun. So. Much. Pain!

This past weekend Chris and I took a little mini vacay attached to my work trip in Hilton Head. It was lovely! This was my first visit to HH, and I have to say, it's definitely worth visiting again. It's one of those places to go if you truly intend on getting a little R&R. If the nightlife scene is what you're looking for, HH is not for you! It's also only about 30 minutes from Savannah, so we spent a day there as well. Savannah is by far one of my favorite places on earth. I have lots of childhood memories there. I don't want to make this post too long, so pics of that trip are scheduled to be posted tomorrow!

Now I've already posted a few photos from one wedding I shot this month, and I shot another wedding yesterday. It was beautiful. The two families that were joined together were from Jamaica and Trinidad. Can I just say that the reception was rocking! Those people know how to have a good time. No pics just yet...haven't even got them off the camera yet!

BUT....last weekend I did a maternity session. I have lots of pics to share, but for now, I'll leave you with one of my favorites from the batch:


And that's all for now.....but seriously, I'm making a true effort to get back on my blogging schedule! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment