6/3/12

The New Healthy Living Plan

Well after months of talking about it, I've finally began to implement my new approach to healthy living.
No white flour, no sugar, and less processed.
That's the overall idea.

My diet now is now mostly fruits and veggies, whole grains (whole wheat bread and pasta), and small amounts of meat.

I'm now a week in.
In the first 4 days, I lost 3 pounds. I think I'm onto something! ;)
I've been talking about incorporating this type of diet for months now, but the other night we watched this documentary that just completely reiterated everything I had been saying.
It's called Fat Sick and Nearly Dying.
It completely goes through and talks about how crazy the food the food we eat is for our bodies, and the benefits of focusing on fruits and veggies.
And honestly, I'm doing really well so far.

The best part....we went to Carrabba's yesterday for lunch and I was able to eat there guilt free. All of their pasta dishes can be ordered with 100% whole wheat pasta. Check.
The pasta dish I got had veggies and olive oil as the sauce. Artichoke, mushrooms, tomatoes and garlic. Check.
Yummo!
The great thing is that the whole wheat pasta is really filling...so I made 3 meals out of that pasta!

So now on to week 2!


No comments:

Post a Comment