10/12/08

The Weekend Is Almost Over!






Ah yes, it's Sunday. Such a sad day for me. Sundays always make me realize that Monday is just a few hours away! But, I must say church was great today! We're going back in a couple of hours to see the band Revive. Let me just say they are awesome!!!

Anyway, Friday night was some much needed fun! Heather, Chris and I went to Cagle's Dairy for the Corn Maize. I had never been before, so it was definitely interesting. We went through the maze, went on a hayride and roasted marshmallows at the bonfire. Lots o fun!

So onto something a little more serious. Chris and I have always had a huge heart for ministry. However, after getting hurt a few times (and hurt from a church is the worst), it has been really hard to pick up the pieces and find the place God is leading us. For the past 4 years, we have said, "God, if only we had fewer bills, we would be able to serve you in a full time capacity". Well guess what? We literally only have 3 bills right now. For the past few months we have been looking at our situation with a negative spin. But a couple of weeks ago, it hit very clearly that all of this is a blessing. Because we have got rid of everything, we can truly go WHEREVER it is that God is calling us. We know without a shadow of a doubt that God is working in our lives and I absolutely can not wait to see where He's leading us. Through all of this I have probably drifted farther than I've ever been from God since I got saved. While everything was crumbling around me, it made it very hard to know that good would come of it (though deep down I knew it would). But now, I'm back in the swing of things. I just feel so at peace now, knowing that we are in a position to do what God has planned for us to do all along.....serve Him with all that is in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment