11/13/09

Five Whole Years




At this very time, noon, 5 years ago, I was walking down the isle to marry my hubs! I can't believe it's been 5 years. It has been quite the ride.
Our wedding was perfect.
Simple...just like us.
Sweet.
Intimate.
I loved it!
Our wedding night was nice too...my besties all pitched in and got us a night away in a cabin. It was great. And of course, in typical Lauren and Chris fashion, hysterical!
Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure we have never had a purely romantic moment without something ridiculous happening!
I think about our first year of marriage. We literally went months without eating meat because we were so broke. For our wedding my mom got us a Fry-Daddy. There was a period where every night we each had 3 jalapeno poppers and a handful of fries. It was all we could afford...but so good! I remember one time all we had was rice....so we got creative and added A1 sauce, Montreal Steak Seasoning, and Texas Pete to make a fabulous concoction.
We were broke, but we were happy.
I am so thankful that we have stuck it out this long.
Chris is my best friend.
I love being with him. He makes my heart happy (well most of the time!) ;)
It's hard to describe the comfort of knowing that at the end of the day, I have someone to come home to that loves me unconditionally, and I know that I'm all he will ever want.

I guess we always knew that we were IT for each other. "I Love You" came on date 5 (which was also day 5 of our relationship).
Proposal came 2 months later.
Wedding 5 months later.
And 5 years later, we're still here and happier than ever.
You know it's funny. When Chris asked me out for our first date, I was at a mutual friend's house. We were watching the season finale of "Friends". There was an episode early in the series where Phoebie was talking about a couple that was meant to be together and how lobsters mate for life. The catch phrase was "he's her lobster". Well, that night, partly because Chris's nickname is C-Bass (which I first thought was seabass), my new catch phrase was "He's my seabass". I guess I just knew. :)

It's so interesting to look back and see how each of us have grown in our own ways and grown together. We truly have a bond that's unbreakable.
Heck, if we've made it through all that we've been through, well then "forever" should be a breeze!

So Christopher, I love you! Thank you for choosing me!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely story! To be anle to be so confindent in your partner is a blessing I can imagine! Congratuations on 5 years!! I love the first picture, you look so cute and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a great story! I think you can handle everything in every situation with a special someone by your side. That's the kind of relationship I will want in the future. Happy anniversary for both of you :)

    ReplyDelete