12/18/09

Finishing Up

Ok, so life is about to get a little hectic, so I'm going to go ahead and finish up the rest of Best Of today! Ready? Ok!

December 19 Car ride. What did you see? How did it smell? Did you eat anything as you drove there? Who were you with?

Best car ride was definitely to the mountains in November. We literally spent a whole day in the car riding from mountain town to mountain town...it was beautiful and inspiring. We had interesting conversations, smelt the mountain air, and just enjoyed our time together. Fabulous!

December 20 New person. She came into your life and turned it upside down. He went out of his way to provide incredible customer service. Who is your unsung hero of 2009?

Alright, this one's difficult. I can't pick just one person. Over the last year we have made some incredible connections with people that I love dearly. So I'm going to say it's a tie between Kaite S., Lyndsay M., and Terri G. These lovely ladies hold a very special place in my heart. Their prayers and encouragement have been awesome! Love you!!!

Then there is Leslie. Now I've know Leslie over a year, but we didn't really get close until this year. She has become one of my dearest friends and has been there unconditionally for so so much! Love you too!

December 21 Project. What did you start this year that you're proud of?

I started my photography business this year. It was in the works most of last year, but in 2009 everything became official. I am really proud of myself so far. I have a long way to go, but honestly, I'm truly excited with how far I've come.
www.laurenthomasphotography.com

December 22 Startup. What's a business that you found this year that you love? Who thought it up? What makes it special?

Charity:water
Touched my heart.
Check out the banner at the top of my blog. It will touch your's too.

December 23 Web tool. It came into your work flow this year and now you couldn't live without it. It has simplified or improved your online experience.

Does Facebook count? Cuz I totally got addicted to that this year!

December 24 Learning experience. What was a lesson you learned this year that changed you?

Ha! This is funny. Funny because I'm going through it now. I'm really not going to get into it, but I guess a condensed version would be to really examine who your friends are. The ridiculousness of high school drama does not end as an adult. It possibly gets worse. People are imperfect therefore they will ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS let you down and disappoint. Also, read the warning signs. Don't just ignore them.

December 25 Gift. What's a gift you gave yourself this year that has kept on giving?

Um, my camera of course! It's my money maker!! ;)

December 26 Insight or aha! moment. What was your epiphany of the year?

Epiphany of the year would be finally figuring out that I don't want to teach school. There, I said it. I think I'd be miserable. Now, if I could only figure out what should go in its place!

December 27 Social web moment. Did you meet someone you used to only know from her blog? Did you discover Twitter?

I am teetering on the fence about joining Twitter. Just maybe - I'll join before the year is over and it can officially be a part of best of!

December 28 Stationery. When you touch the paper, your heart melts. The ink flows from the pen. What was your stationery find of the year?

Any piece of paper in Archiver's. Actually makes my heart flip flop!

December 29 Laugh. What was your biggest belly laugh of the year?

Thanksgiving at Chris's grandparents' house. It was definitely a had to be there moment, but it was when his granddaddy slurped his spit back in while telling a story about a rain stick. I know, sounds stupid, but we've been laughing about it ever since!

December 30 Ad. What advertisement made you think this year?

I'm gonna have to choose charity:water again. It grabs your heart!

December 31 Resolution you wish you'd stuck with. (You know, there's always next year...)

Of course that would be losing weight. I managed to shed about 15 pounds total for the year - not at all what I had hoped, but there's always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment