5/10/10

Weekend Recap

Ok kids, back to the grind stone! However, the weekend was a good one!
I was a little worried - cuz, well, it was mother's day and all, and my mom's not here to celebrate it with. But surprisingly, I didn't completely lose it.
This could have had something to do with the nightmare of a headache and tummy ache I had yesterday!

Anyway, my aunt and I took my Granny out to lunch on Saturday. We went to Carrabba's - Y.U.M.M.Y! It was a really nice day!

As for yesterday, I stayed home from church and finished up some homework. Then we headed over to Chris' parents house and we made dinner for his mom. It was lovely. I made lemon-herb chicken, homemade mac and cheese, and super green beans! Recipes are below. Enjoy!

Lemon-herb Chicken
4 Chicken Cutlets (thinly sliced boneless chicken breasts)
Cavender's Greek Seasoning
Italian Seasoning
2 Lemons

Spray chicken with non-stick spray (butter flavored). Sprinkle with seasonings. Put 3 lemon slices over chicken. Put each piece in its own foil tent. Grill.
How flippin easy is that???

Mac-and-Cheese
1 box elbow noodles
1 can evaporated milk
2 eggs
2-3 cups Sharp cheddar cheese - shredded
Butter
Salt and pepper

Cook noodles according to package. Drain, and divide into 2 portions. In a casserole dish put 1st layer of noodles. Place little pinches of butter across the noodles. Salt and pepper. Cover with cheese. Apply second layer of noodles, repeat butter pinches, salt and pepper. In a measuring cup, place 2 eggs and evaporated milk. Mix together and pour evenly across noodles. Then top with remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes on 425 degrees.

Super-Duper Green Beans
1 pack frozen, cut green beans
1/2 cup of water
2 slices of bacon
Worcestershire Sauce
Cavender's Greek Seasoning
Salt and Pepper
Tabasco Chipotle Sauce
1-2 cloves of garlic

Chop up raw bacon into small pieces. Cook until crisp. Add finely chopped garlic and saute garlic for about 1-2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of water, green beans, and seasonings. I use a few dashes of both sauces. Cook until liquid boils out. Serve.
(you can pretty much add any seasonings you want. It's a great spin on regular old green beans)

I'll add these to the recipe tab at the top. It was a fabulous dinner, if I do say so myself! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment