7/29/10

Today Is Different

Today I'm feeling overwhelmed. My heart is breaking for so many friends right now. It seems like everywhere I turn, there is some life debilitating sickness looming over so many people that I know.

Our friend, a worship pastor in Oklahoma, had a massive heart attack 17 days ago and hasn't woken up since; he's still in ICU.

My cousin who's troubled life has led her to a road of her organs shutting down.

Fellow high school friends that have devastating circumstances in their own families.

Friends losing their faithful companion of a pet.

So often we just keep going on with our lives and don't really stop to think what others are going through. But for some reason, right now, it's hitting me hard.

It's times like these that I don't understand how one could go through this stuff without faith. Without letting the arms of Jesus hold them up when they can't stand on their own.

I've been there. I know without a shadow of a doubt there were times that the very hand of God was the only thing holding me up and helping me get through the day.
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
~Isaiah 41:10

Today, I'm really just trying to focus on praying for all those hurting around me.

Hebrews 4:16
Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Let's face it, at some time or another, we will be the ones hurting and needing those prayers.

Today, I can't just keep going with my own life.

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express" (Romans 8:26)

1 comment: