8/10/10

Survival Mode

As you know, I've given up sugar.
Yesterday was day 1 and went relatively well.
Today, though. Today, there is the withdrawal headache.
And for some reason, it is ALL I think about!
Seriously, I just might go lick some Splenda packets.
Seriously.

If I can make it through girls night out, I should be good.

Also, could this crash from lack of sugar explain why I passed out on the couch at 7:3o last night, not to wake up until 6:30 this morning???? I didn't even get to watch Too Fat For 15!!!

This is gonna be a long week.

And thanks so much for supportive comments. Angela Pea, I loved your insight - especially on the habit thing. Only 25 more days to go til this issue is no longer an issue!

2 comments:

  1. Can you eat Truvia? Or however its spelled? Its LIKE splenda....I have had it on toast once and hated it, but i had it in a homemade smoothie and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chickie!
    Yeppers - you're experiencing the sugar crash. Just go with it and schedule extra sleep time.

    I'm speaking from experience. I found out four years ago I have diabetes, and quit sugar cold turkey. (Goal was to control the big D with diet and exercise.) No Pepsi. No sweets. No cake/cookie/pie/crackers. No processed anything. It was hard. I was miserable for a few weeks. My family was miserable for a few weeks because I was so grouchy. But then, THEN! I started feeling better. I had more energy! I felt like I did when I was a Kid, way back in the olden days!

    So - be tough. When you're crashing, remind yourself that's the sugar circus moving out of town, and that you're glad it's leaving!

    ReplyDelete