9/18/10

Awesomeness.

Awesomeness. That was my week.
Why?
Because I incorporated veggies to my diet!
This week I have ate sautéed green beans, broccoli, corn (i know - starch), and asparagus!!!!
Can I even tell you what a big deal this is???
HUGE!

Ok, so I hate veggies, but this week I've been creative. Asparagus may be my new favorite!
Not the price though.
I need to learn what a pound feels like.
It was like $3 something per pound. My bunch of asparagus cost over $10! What? Why?
Is it not in season?
I'm a veggie virgin.
Sad times.

HOWEVER, I MUST share the recipe I used. If I liked it, anyone can like it!

I coated the asparagus with olive oil, kosher salt, cracked black pepper, minced garlic (I crushed 2 cloves) and freshly grated parmesean cheese.
Then I roasted at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
DELISH!

It was served with a lemon-wine chicken.
This morning I marinated some chicken cutlets in the juice of one lemon, crushed garlic, a few splashes of white wine, and some Italian seasonings. I let it hang out in a baggie for about an hour so everything got evenly coated. Then I grilled it.
You can let the marinade sit longer if you want a stronger flavor.
I didn't want everything too overpowering.
It was just right.

Tomorrow is weigh-in day.
Tune in for my weekly weigh-in recap.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I am SO PROUD of you for eating veggies!! Go Lauren!

    Asparagus season in North America is early, early spring, like late March through April - Easter Time! You're eating imported south of the equator or green house asparagus at those prices!

    What will you try next? How about my favorite, peas? Get frozen ones, not canned, because canned peas are disGUSting!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete