9/21/10

Sun. Stand. Still.

Good morning! I wanted to let you in on a little sumpin, sumpin. This book, the picture below, is totally rocking my face off right now. It's called Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick. He's a pastor in Charlotte, NC at Elevation Church. AWESOME church. Here's a little snippet of what the book's about:

“Does the brand of faith you live by produce the kinds of results in your life that you read about in the biblical stories of men and women of faith? Chances are, not even close.” But it doesn’t have to stay that way. In Sun Stand Still, Steven Furtick challenges you to believe that the audacious faith that we see in the Bible, the faith that caused a man to pray and see the sun stand still in the sky, is the same faith we can claim for ourselves today. This is more than just another book. It’s a call to all of us to begin living the life of audacity God has created and saved us for.

You NEED to read this.
We need a bit of a revolution in this world.

1 comment:

  1. I saw the picture of that book on my blogroll, and had to come see what it was.
    I don't know if you know this, but when my Gma passed away, I knew I wanted to sing at her funeral and speak. But I knew it wasn't going to happen and be a powerful tool for God unless my grief stopped. So I asked a group of girls to pray that God would stop the sun of my sorrow. I commanded the sun to stand still over and over for 4 days leading up to the funeral. And you know what?
    God did as I asked. What a powerful promise we hold and most believers don't even know it!
    Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete