10/7/10

Lemon Wine Chicken, Couscous and Roasted Tomatoes

Last night I felt a little creative in the kitchen.
And it turned out well....and healthy.
So of course I was thinking of you and took a few pictures.
The meal was baked chicken in a lemon-wine sauce served with couscous and roasted tomatoes. I'll give you the recipe for each below.
***Disclaimers***
a) Sorry for the poor quality pics - I took them with my phone
b) I got a little excited when it was all done and forgot to take a pic of the finished product!

First of all, this is most of the ingredients needed for everything:
The Chicken:
I marinated the chicken for about an hour in a baggie with about a 1/2 cup to 1 cup of white wine, about a 1/2 cup of lemon juice, a few splashes of olive oil, a few pinches of Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and about a teaspoon of granulated garlic. You could use fresh garlic and herbs if you have them.
The Tomatoes:
Wash and dry 1 pint of grape tomatoes. Crush 3 cloves of garlic. You want to use a baking pan large enough for all the tomatoes to lie flat. Coat garlic and tomatoes in olive oil, salt and pepper. Top with fresh herbs once roasting is complete.
The Cooking:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. I placed foil on a baking sheet and put the chicken on that. Once the oven was preheated, I put both pans of the chicken and tomatoes in the oven and let cook for about 15-20 minutes. You want the tomatoes to pop open and be a bit shriveled. I used chicken cutlets, so they cooked really fast. While those goodies were in the oven, I made the couscous which took about 10 minutes total. So easy. I also made a sauce to pour on the couscous because it can be kind of bland. The sauce was a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, wine, garlic, salt and pepper. Once the couscous was done cooking, I tossed it in the sauce.
I plated it up with couscous on bottom, chicken on top, then tomatoes. I also garnished it with some sliced green onions for an added crunch.
Deeeelicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment