1/8/11

Change Is Comin'

Step one of new years resolutions complete.
That's right...project graduation is now underway!
I registered for spring semester yesterday and I'm so excited!
Now, I probably have about a year and a half before I finish, but I'm on the right track!
And, to no surprise, I have changed my major yet again!
BUT to my defense, this may be the best one yet! (and i think it'll stick this time).
The degree you ask?
Human Services.
My heart beats for the hurting.
And I just figure, what better thing to major in than something that can help me help others.
Let me say...I do NOT want to be a social worker.
But I feel so drawn to this.
AND it will totally help me out in a major way with the non-profit I'm starting this year.
Can I tell you how excited I am about this?
In case you don't remember, I'm starting a non-profit to offer free photography services for families in unhappy circumstances......mainly those affected with terminal illness.
I want to capture one last happy moment for them to cherish before their loved one passes away.
And I have FINALLY decided on a name. But I can't tell you yet ;)
Not to worry - there will be an official roll out soon!
That being said, the school I attend offers a certificate in starting a non-profit and all those classes will count towards my degree.
Even better right?
Again....so excited!
So I really feel good about how the year is starting off.
And to that note, let me leave you with a song that is totally rocking my face off right now....doing major, major, major things in my heart!
(and for those who can't open the video, I've put the lyrics below)


Matthew West - My Own Little World

In my own little world it hardly ever rains

I’ve never gone hungry, always felt safe

I got some money in my pocket, shoes on my feet

In my own little world

Population: me


I try to stay awake during Sunday morning church

I throw a twenty in the plate, but I never give ’til it hurts

I turn off the news when I don’t like what I see

Yeah,it’s easy to do when it’s

Population: me


What if there’s a bigger picture?

What if I’m missing out?

What if there’s a greater purpose

I could be living right now

Outside my own little world oooh


Well, I stopped at a red light, looked out my window

I saw a cardboard sign, said “Help this homeless widow”

Above that sign was the face of a human

and I thought to myself, “God, what have I been doing?”

So I rolled down the window and I looked her in the eye

I thought how many times have I just passed her by?

So I gave her some money then I drove on through

And my own little world reached

Population: two


What if there’s a bigger picture?

What if I’m missing out?

What if there’s a greater purpose

I should be living right now

Outside my own little world yeah, yeah

My own little world oooh


Father break my heart for what breaks Yours

Give me open hands and open doors

and put Your Light in my eyes and let me see

That my own little world is not about me


What if there’s a bigger picture?

What if I’m missing out?

What if there’s a greater purpose

That I could be living right now

Well I dont wanna miss what matters

i wanna be reaching out

showing the greater purpose

so I could be living right now

Outside my own little world oooh

My own little world yeah

My own little world oooh

No comments:

Post a Comment