2/15/11

Made to Crave. Made for so much more.

Happiest of Tuesdays to ya!


A few posts back I told you about this book I was going to read: Made to Crave.
Umm.....can I just tell you how its rocking my world?
Like seriously.

I've been saying for a few years now that this weight issue I have is so much more than just about a diet.
The author of this book gets that!

I'm really trying to make this a spiritual journey. It's something that's really important for me.
But most of the time I make all these goals and try to do it all alone.

Not this time. I've enlisted a few people to hold me accountable. To really make sure I'm following the plan. I'm also going to get a few people to commit to praying for me on this.
This weight crap is stuff I've struggled with my ENTIRE life. But I've never asked anyone to actually pray for this area of my life. It's kind of refreshing.

I'm telling you, if you struggle with weight, you NEED to read this book. It's seriously like it was written just for me.

One of the things I'm taking from it is to pray every time I have a craving. Use it as a prompt to pray...even if it's about food.

See, the thoughts of food consume my entire day. Not necessarily wanting to eat it, but thinking about dinner, healthy choices, my weight, etc, etc, etc. No one person should be this consumed by it.

I want to be that consumed with God. Not food.
Because you see, I was created for so much more than this. So were you.
I don't want to define my worth by the numbers on the scale anymore.
My weight does not define me.
But in my head, it does. And I'm really trying to work on that.

This topic is really putting myself out there. But I know there are so many of us that struggle with it, and my hope is that in helping myself, I'll be able to help you too.

But seriously, did I mention you need to read this book?

2 comments:

  1. Nooooo! I don't WANT to read this book!

    Isn't that CRAZY? But I'm telling you, that's been my reaction every single time I hear about it. Lysa even asked me to review it, and I DIDN'T. I haven't even touched a copy, because I just KNOW it's going to rock my world.

    DUH! That's what I want so desperately! I HATE being overweight and struggling with this every single day of my life! WHY wouldn't I read this book?

    Because I'm a chicken...and I think making the changes I need to make is hard...and IDONTKNOW!!!!

    So, there you have it. I'm sorry to blurt all that out here. But clearly my filter isn't working this early in the morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should read the book, "When You Eat at the Refrigerator, Pull Up a Chair" by Geneen Roth. I found it really helpful and humorous as well. If you like it, check out her other books.

    ReplyDelete