10/4/11

New Music Tuesday

Hi friends!
I love Tuesdays. I love that new music comes out every Tuesday.
And for the past few Tuesdays, I've purchased some awesome tunes!
It's just not fair for me not to share so.....

One band I've recently been turned onto is Gungor. You may recognize their song "Beautiful Things" from a video I posted here several weeks ago. You can click HERE to refresh your memory ;)


But now they have a new album out called Ghosts Upon the Earth. So good. The more I listen the more I like it. Every song is completely different - they don't all sound the same. It's ranges from folky to post-modern rock. 


You have heard me profess my love for Need to Breathe plenty of times before. By far one of my all time favorites. They have a new album that just came out called "The Reckoning". This band is definitely southern rockish with songs that definitely have some Jesus loving undertones without being in your face. Awesome as always!


Now today, Phil Wickham's new album came out called "Response". I first heard his music last year while photographing a wedding. The bridal party and bride and first communion was all accompanied by different Phil Wickham songs. It was just beautiful and I was instantly hooked. I went home and downloaded the album. He's a contemporary Christian artist who's style is a bit folk mixed with acoustic rock and maybe a little bit like Coldplay. He's awesome. I can't wait to get this one!


And last, but not least, I'm so excited about this one. So this is Music Inspired By The Story. Basically the bible was taken and written into a book called The Story so it actually reads like one solid story. So various Christian artists came together to make this album including Natalie Grant, Mandisa, Bart Millard (Mercy Me), Mark Hall (Casting Crowns), Matthew West, Mac Powell, Jeremy Camp and many others (23 total). There are some awesome songs on this. So far my faves are "Alive" by Natalie Grant - all about Mary Magdalene and then "Born for This" by Mandisa, all about Esther. Ugh so good!

1 comment: