8/10/12

I Love Texas - Edition 1


So for my new followers, when I lived in Atlanta I had started a bloggy thing called I Love Atlanta where I would blog about the awesomely cool things to do in Atlanta.
I guess now that I'm a Texan, it's going to be I Love Texas!

Usually date night for me and Chris falls on Friday. But this Friday I have a super cool girls night out planned, so we moved date night to Thursday.
I love a mid-week date.
We decided to try out a restaurant here in Rockwall called Bin 303.
They are part of the Go Texan movement which means they try to get as much of their food as possible from places here in Texas. Their menu changes every 6 months to serve seasonal items.

 















The atmosphere was super cool. The restaurant is in an old house off of the square. Indoors was a very cool laid back atmosphere with some super cool music playin - acoustic versions of all of your favorite hits.

We started our with their garlic cheese bread. Uh, yum-o!

Then for dinner we both had burgers. Now, I have a thing for pimento cheese....especially on a burger. I love it. And while they don't have a pimento cheese burger on the menu, they do offer pimento cheese as an appetizer. So I sweetly talked them in to making me a pimento cheese burger.
Freaking amazingly delicious.
I 'm not typically a fan of ground beef...but this was soooo good.
The fries were amazing too.
And by half way through our meal we were totally stuffed but it was way too good not to finish.
So if we're already miserable, why not order dessert too?
Um....can I just say it may have been the best dessert I've ever had. It was some sort of espresso chocolate mousse. Ah-mazing. For realz.

So in between courses our pastor walks up to the table...he just so happened to be having dinner there as well. We chatted for a few minutes - it was my first time meeting him. Super nice guy.

So after dessert our waitress comes by and tells us our meal had been taken care of.
What???
In all of our years of ministry, we have never had someone, much less the pastor, randomly pay for our meal. For me it was just one more thing reassuring me we were in the right place. I don't even know how to put into words how great that felt. Amazing.

All in all, date night was a super success!
And please, do yourself a favor and have some dinner here at Bin 303. You won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment