y'all i'm so excited! yesterday i got nominated for my first ever liebster award by hailee renee over at penguins, pasta, polkadots. so first things, first...make sure you stop by and visit her! honestly, i think we might be related in a different life somehow....lots and lots in common.
complete sidenote - i love when i'm able to connect to random awesome bloggers that i've never met in real life!
the liebster award is a way to give a friendly little shout-out to bloggers who have less than 200 followers. it's a way to tell others that you really dig their blog, and to meet a few new people. the rules of the award are as follows:
+ List 11 random facts about yourself
+ Answer 11 questions from your nominator
+ Create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer
+ Nominate up to 11 bloggers for the award with less than 200 followers
+ Go to each nominee's page and tell them you've nominated them for the award
+ Link back to the blogger who nominated you as a "thank you"
alright, let's get started.
a little randomness about me:
1. i refuse to eat any type of animal organs...tongue, liver, gizzards, etc. gah-ross! an ex-boyfriend's mom made me eat cow tongue once. i just couldn't do it. sat there for over an hour.
2. i have a serious obsession with all things french. i know the french hate americans, but i sure love their style!
3. hubs and i move like every year. it's ridiculous, but most of the time we have valid reasons.
4. i tend to think i'm hilarious and definitely crack myself up even when no one else laughs. the best times are when i'm alone and completely in awe of my hilarity. lol!
5. if ya didn't know already, jesus is my homeboy.
6. i have a closet full of scrapbook stuff, but i love the paper too much to cut it, so i don't scrapbook.
7. my dream is to live in a house in the middle of a big pasture, and have another little building on the property for photo shoots and outdoor movies. a girl can dream...
8. i hate spending money, but there are soooo many things i would like to spend it on. just can't bring myself to do it.
9. i'm a really good cook, but i'd like to really get into baking...from scratch. i can make a mean cake from a box, but i want to understand the ingredients. strange, i know.
10. speaking of knowing ingredients, i also would love to love wine. i just don't. but i would like to understand wine and the 'notes' that are in it. then i might understand how to find one i like.
11. i 100% believe that pinterest has changed the world.
now here's what hailee renee wants to know about me!
What is one of your favorite memories from college or high school?
in high school my friend and i used to sit on this bench at the front of the school and say hi to everyone who walked in. i was completely smitten with this guy, brint abernathy (football player, gorgeous, you know), who by the way, i had never spoken to. and one beautiful day, he said hello back. made my whole year.
Do you (or did you) play any organized sports? ha! girl, there's not an athletic bone in this body! i was the manager for our soccer team tho!
What is the one food you can eat over and over again without getting sick of it? a taco bueno bean burrito. i honestly think i could eat it every day of my life and never ever ever get tired of it. i'm pretty confident it has crack in it.
What is one big goal you wish to accomplish in your life? just one? umm...let's go with having my photography business as my full time job.
Do you like roller coasters and amusement parks? i do. when i was little, i slipped out from under the saftey bar of one and my mom held onto me for dear life for the rest of the ride. i was traumatized and refused to ride any for years. then my aunt and uncle took me to six flags and made me ride all of the rides. i'm now normal again, and i like them!
What's your all-time favorite album or record or CD? oh this is a toughy! i'm gonna go with...paula abdul, cold hearted snake. i was a total paula fan back in the day! but it's really a tough tie with any hillsong united album as well.
Mexican food or Italian food? oh man. i super love them both, but probably mexican. i've been in major withdrawals since being here in texas because i'm not a fan of tex-mex at all. cilantro and yellow cheese dip....yuck!
Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? absolutely. positively. 100%.
What are your top 5 favorite books? the bible, the best question ever (andy stanley), sun stand still (steve furdick), something borrowed and something blue (both by emily giffin)
What are three things you can't get through the day without? checking facebook, the wendy williams show, and blogging!
Do you prefer a vacation in the mountains or at the beach? the mountains are my all time favorite. but i love the beach too. typically we do summer at the beach and fall in the mountains.
and the nominees are....
Brittany @ These Happy Times
Kathleen @ Somethin' Bout A Truck
April @ The Striped Flamingo
Heather @ That Redheaded Sister
and here's what i want to know about you:
1. what is your favorite song of all time? you know, the one that makes you break out singing every time you hear it.
2. what is your favorite movie?
3. if you had a day all to yourself, what would be the perfect day?
4. what is your dream job?
5. who is your celebrity crush?
6. what is one fashion piece that you can't live without?
7. is there one person that you model your life/goals after?
8. what cheers you up on a crappy day?
9. what is your absolute favorite meal?
10. if you were only allowed to shop at one store for the rest of your life, where would it be?
11. if people are coming to your house for dinner, what meal do you cook them?