1/3/13

one little word.

have you heard about this one word thing?
i've seen it on several blogs i follow over the past couple of days.
it's one word that sums up your "resolutions" for the year. one word to incorporate into your life to make positive changes.
as i've read others' posts on this, i have been trying to come up with a word.
and now i think i'm ready to join the masses on this little one word thingy.

my word for 2013 is Jesus.

now hear me out. i'm not trying to be super christian or anything like that.
i genuinely need to focus more on jesus this year.
i need more of him and less of me in everything i do.
i need jesus as part of my every day.
to start my day, in my marriage, to end my day.
i need jesus to help me with my eating changes. with my fertility issues. with my life-management. with my photography. with school. with friends. with finances.

you see there's not a single area of my life that i don't need jesus.
so that's what i want to focus on this year.
i want to focus on jesus and through that, i should have no problem achieving the goals i've set for myself in this here 2013.

8 comments:

  1. Best word I've seen! Jesus is everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent choice.....who in the world can argue with that one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still working on trying to figure out my one word. If I don't hurry all the good ones will be taken :) Great word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love! :) I haven't figured out my word... but that is a good one (wish I had thought of it first!) A couple of years ago mine was gentle. This last year it was peacemaking.... but normally the words find me... I don't find the word *what God teaches me rather than what I think I need to know or learn... it could be interesting trying it the other way around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I’m your newest follower. Please stop by and say hi when you have a chance. I'm also hosting a blog hop - if you would like to join us :) Hope you're having an awesome week.

    April from:
    A Mommy's Blog Design http://amblogdesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I followed you over from Faith Barista. I think "Jesus" is the perfect word! Everything begins and ends with him. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice! You can't go wrong with Jesus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lauren, thanks for adding your voice in the faith jam a few weeks ago! Jesus is a beautiful word... and I can tell you and Him... make a great pair... as you step onto a new journey with adoption... Appreciate all you are to Jesus and us, as you share your journey, friend!

    ReplyDelete