3/3/13

New Decor!

I have a chronic problem. You see, I am a Pinterest addict, but it's not too often that I actually DO the things I pin. 
I have been dying to redo our bedroom.
It just needed to be done. 
I have been completely obsessed with gray and yellow. And as a result, I have been on a pinning frenzy!
So this weekend, after apparently effectively sharing my vision with Chris, we were on a mission to find all of the pieces...on a budget.
First, let's take a look at our bedroom before.


Before heading out to buy all things new, we rearranged the room. We moved our dresser into the closet, freeing up lots of space in the room itself. We pulled a few pieces from other rooms in and created a sitting area. And then we were off!
The winning pieces came from Target.
We started with HomeGoods, Marshall's and TJ Maxx, but couldn't find anything we absolutely loved.
I should have known Target would have met all my needs ;)


We got the quilt, shams and two pillows for $69!


I also bought a yellow blanket to go under the quilt since it's not as thick as our previous comforter.


This lamp....I am completely smitten with.





So of course I have lots of plans for the walls. We have a big open wall that I want to put 2 big black and white photos on. 
But I also wanted to paint something for our room, and I had the perfect wall for it.
I love dandelions and I wanted to make a sort of abstract piece.
So Sunday afternoon, I dove in!




Voila! 
I love it!


So what greatness did you do this weekend?

9 comments:

  1. I love the painting! And, yellow and gray is a great color combo!! You have inspired me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pinterest! I'm obsessed with it. You can always make more wall art with the quotes that you might find on pinterest? :)

    I do Meal Pinning Monday and have made so many recipes from pinterest- which has been great because we never seem to eat the same thing twice, at least not in a couple of months..

    I love yellow and grey and the choices that you made are lovely! :) It looks great! AND, what a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you have done with your bedroom....and the dandelion picture that you did is beautiful! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you know I am madly in love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE everything about your room! Grey and yellow is one of my favorite color combos. That lamp, OMG, I want it!!!!! Found you through the blog hop and now following! Looking forward to reading more!
    Hated on the Playground

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the color combo and all of your design choices! gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. all of that is awesome!

    i had a birthday party for one of my friends kids to go to. then i went running errands on sunday after church. nothing too spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did such a great job creating your room- LOVE the lamp shade. I'm your newest follower and would love for you to stop by sometime.

    Kimberly @ mypinterestreality.com

    ReplyDelete