4/17/14

this day....


this day 10 years ago, my mom and i were moving out of our home that we had lived in for 17 years.
it was a tough day, emotionally.
but that night, i had a first date with this cute guy that had been a crazy flirt.
i moved all of my bathroom essentials first so i would have everything needed to get ready.
but as i got out of the shower, and was getting ready to fix my hair........there was a blow dryer no where to be found.
my hair can NOT air dry. it's awful.
and so i threw it in a pony tail and ran to the nearest big lots and got me one. 
i remember i was wearing these cute little military green capris, a black t-shirt and flip flops.
i met chris at church for our saturday night service, where he was playing keys.
then we hopped in his mini-van and headed to dinner at outback.

caesar salad and a baked potato for me, and i was so nervous, that i couldn't eat it.
those days of not eating have long passed lol.
then we went back to his place and rented a movie. secondhand lions was the movie of choice.

and then he took me back to my apartment and the rest was history. 
we've spent almost every day since together for the last 10 years.

aww, look how we've changed.

love you boo. guess we're in this for the long haul. ;)


4 comments:

  1. What a great story! Congratulations on 10 years together! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. What no cardigan was involved in cute outfit? haha! YAY for 10 years. Love yall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your relationship is a 5th grader! I love it!

    ReplyDelete