7/19/11

The Weigh Things Are Shaping Up

Hiya friends! Happy Tuesday to ya!
Well I guess it's about time for a weight update.
I'm a slacker.
So current weight loss to date is 27.8 pounds! Wahoo!
That's also a total of 18 inches lost!!!!!
The last month I haven't lost as much as I had hoped, but the fact that I'm still LOSING makes me happy!
So I decided to put things into perspective.
Here's a picture of me at the end of December (I'm on the left):



And here's a picture of me from this past weekend in a new dress I bought myself as a reward.


Can you tell a difference?



I can absolutely FEEL it! I'm feeling great!



In other news, I'm training for a triathlon. You heard me right! My friend Ashby and I are planning to do a sprint tri - it's the wimpy version, but a tri nonetheless. We've also signed up to RUN the Thanksgiving 5k. I've got to get on the ball with learning to run for more than 60 seconds. Totally using the couch to 5k program.



I think I've told you about our weight loss challenge here at work. I'm behind my goal, so to catch up Ashby and I are doing two-a-days at the gym. Today is day 1. We started at 6am with body works and we'll end at 6pm with bootcamp conditioning. we haven't tried that one yet - a little nervous.



And to finish up, I have a new life verse for my weight loss adventure.



Hebrews 12:11 - No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it’s painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way.


Peace.


5 comments:

  1. YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!! OMG!!!! I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you look fantabulous! What's your secret!?!?!? I am about to start going to a gym and could use all the advice I can get :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking fabulous!
    What are you doing to lose weight? I just downloaded the Couch to 5k app for my iPhone and starting tomorrow!
    Any advice is totally welcomed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous!!!So proud of you....I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just started following your blog, but your pics are awesome (both the ones of you and the ones you take!) I am a believer in the C25K program. It took me a year, but I went from BARELY being able to jog slowly for 45 seconds to running 6 miles in 54 minutes! I still can't believe it, as I have never, never been athletic until now. Make the program your own. If you need to repeat a week, do it. Don't worry about distance at first, just pick your feet up and keep moving during each run session. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete