1/17/12

Living Adequately

Do you ever feel inadequate?
I know I've spent my fair share of days in that land.
Often times, I feel inadequate as a Christian.
I sometimes feel like my prayers are falling on deaf ears, mainly because I'm so rushed and not focused.
Needless to say, when we started the Daniel fast, I didn't know what I was in for.
I had never truly fasted before.
So, instead of spending my focus on what most would think (baby Thomas) I focused on something COMPLETELY different.
See there was a verse that spoke to me in Jeremiah 29.
The Message breaks it down like this: 13-14"When you come looking for me, you'll find me. "Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed."

And there was my focus - to get serious about seeking God and wanting it more than anything else.

It's so easy to become complacent in your faith.
So very easy.
But the last 17 days, it's like I've got a little revival going on in my heart.
God is my number one desire.
I've been saying that for years, and meaning it the best I knew how.
But now, it's different.
He's my only true desire. Everything else in life stems from that.
Everything.
The more I desire God, the more I desire my husband.
The more I desire time with God, the fuller my heart is.
The more I SPEND time with God, I become better in every aspect of life.

I used to be this way. And my prayer for the last year really has been to get back to that point. To truly feel God again.
It's amazing how when you actually make TRUE time for him and let him become your #1....life just....well it's better. So much better. So good. Because, well, God is able and I am not.

And as an added side note....I got a new album yesterday that's totally reflecting everything I just wrote about.
It's Jesus Culture - Awakening.
So worth getting.

Album Playing

No comments:

Post a Comment