2/21/12

Clean-er Living

So it's that time again...time to reevaluate myself and make some adjustments.
Yes I did lose 30 pounds about 6 months ago, and yes I've kept it off.
BUT I haven't continued the loss.....and I have to say, I haven't really been trying.

Back in January we did the Daniel fast and I really was so impressed with how much better I felt in eating clean non-processed foods. And the time has come to really start incorporating that into everyday life.

Wednesday is the start of Lent - the 46 days leading up to Easter. Lots of people fast something during this time. Chris and I are fasting from red meat (which I really don't eat a lot of), pizza, and all fried foods. We're also making a commitment to work out every day for at least 30 minutes for these 46 days.

Our lives are so busy and it's just so convenient to eat out. But 99% of the time, we make terrible decisions when eating out. There's usually always at least something fried that we eat.

So in taking these items out of our diet, I'm going to be introducing lots more veggies and fruits and whole grains into our menu.

I'm really intrigued by this "clean" eating. I can't explain it, but it really draws me in. I've got a whole pinterest board dedicated to it!

Here are a couple sites I found interesting and thought you might too.

Check out some easy recipe substitutions to make your favorite foods clean by clicking HERE.

And this one is 100 days of real food challenge. Check it our HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Just make sure to listen to your body if you are going to attempt to work out for 46 days in a row. It needs rest! Dont ignore it!

    Im so proud of your weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete