1/29/13

Tuesday Tunes with Lauren & Holli


welcome to the very first installment of tuesday tunes with lauren and holli!
we're sooooo glad you're here!
what's it all about?
well, holli and i have a serious love for the music.
both of us have very diverse tastes.
and i can tell you, music can move me like nothing else.
fo realz.

so we want you to start linking up posts each week about a song/band/album that's really rocking your world. 
you don't have to dedicate a whole post to it....

do you know what else is great about tuesdays? it's when new music is released. i seriously log onto itunes every tuesday. it's an obsession.

so, woo us to your blog. tell us what music you're loving and what we may be missing out on.
i find a lot of new favorites just from things people mention on their blogs.

you ready?
let's go!

this past week was a doozy for sure. and while the songs that got me through it aren't new, they were just what my heart needed to hear.

let's start with "steady my heart" by kari jobe. first of all, i adore her. and this whole particular album is all about hope when everything seems to be falling apart around you. unfortunately, that happens a lot in my head, so this album is on repeat quite often.
the chorus of this song says it all:

even when it hurts, even when it's hard, even when it all just falls apart,
i will run to you, cause i know that you are, lover of my soul, healer of my scars,
you steady my heart, you steady my heart.

can i get an amen up in here?

check the video:



the other song that i'm super loving is "try" by pink.
love the words:

but just because it burns, doesn't mean you're gonna die,
you've gotta get up and try try try



alright, link it up folks! spread the word. tweet it, blog it, whatever you choose.




3 comments:

  1. Another new one for me, Kari Jobe. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Love this blog hop! What fun! Thank you for hosting! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete